Learning On Your Own (LOYO) [For Session 2]
1. Complete Exercise 1 – Navigating the Maze – who helped you learn about services? Create a “care map” for your child, children, young adult or family, see attachment to learn more about it. Consider the following reflection questions after you complete it:
- Discoveries – what did you learn?
- Intentions – how will you apply this?
- Where did you need more info?
- How do you feel about navigating healthcare?
2. Burning Issue Worksheet:
- Refine your idea
- Do some research and thinking
- Fill in the remaining questions – we will work in small groups to help each other develop a strong plan
- Bring your child’s IEP and most recent Evaluation or Reevaluation Report to Session 2
- Check in scheduled for 5:00 PM on October 20th
3. Locate your student’s most recent IEP or 504 plan, or another plan relevant to for your young adult’s goals. This could be related to a Life Course Plan (learn more about Life Course at https://disabilityhubmn.org/hub-tools/activities-and-guides/charting-the-lifecourse/ (see 3 planning tool attachments).
4. Check out the Education ABC’s document from PaTTAN
5. Check out the Inclusive Schooling website
Learning On Your Own (LOYO) [For Session 3]
- Rights Done Right video clips! For your assigned video clips:
Find your assigned video in the LOYO document attached here about procedural safeguards
Locate the section of the procedural safeguards notice, also attached here, that addresses your topic
Individually read your section of the Procedural Safeguards Notice and highlight important information
View your 2 videos before you come to Session 3
- Prepare your Elevator Speech! You will each be giving your short speech as discussed last week to the group – which will be very casual and relaxed.