Please make sure to download and then open from your download’s folder so that when you edit this document you are able to save it with your comments (do not edit this in your web browser because the changes you make will not be saved). You will need to find this resource throughout the FLI so save it somewhere you can find it again.
Tuesday March 29th, 2022 Learning On Your Own (LOYO)
April 19th, 2022 Learning On Your Own (LOYO)
- Gather your child’s last Evaluation or Reevaluation Report
- A Family’s Guide to Understanding Annotated Evaluation and Reevaluation Reports (Scroll 1/3 of the way down to see the links for “A Family’s Guide to Understanding Annotated Evaluation and Reevaluation Reports”. You may view the video from here or go to the YouTube video which can be found by clicking on the YouTube button on the bottom left of the video screen. The You Tube video will have subtitles available. View the YouTube playlist here. The folder feature described in the beginning of the video is no longer available.)
- Post 2-3 “Aha!” moments you learn from the videos at “Aha” Moments
- Work on Burning Issue (Find this document under “Ongoing Resources” at the top of this page)
April 26th, 2022 Learning On Your Own (LOYO)
- Gather your child’s last Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Watch the “Understanding the IEP Process” video at https://www.youtube.com/watch
- Post 2-3 “Aha!” moments you learn from the videos
- Work on Burning Issue (A worksheet to help you with this can be found under “Ongoing Resources” at the top of this page)
May 3rd, 2022 Learning On Your Own (LOYO)
- Finish writing your elevator speech.
- Record yourself sharing your elevator speech, either just the audio or on video. (If you have questions/ concerns feel free to email email@example.com)
- Be prepared to share it with the group at our last session, next week!