Pennsylvania Forum: #NextGenInclusion
Toward Increasing Inclusion in Schools
We are excited to bring together a new generation of families, self-advocates, and inclusion allies to hear from national and state leaders about how to work with schools to create a culture of inclusion in our districts throughout Pennsylvania.
Join us in Harrisburg for an exciting lineup of speakers to kick start this important conversation:
- Valerie C. Williams, Director in the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) within the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services at the U.S. Department of Education.
- Michael McSheehan, a national leader in inclusive education and systems change, whose work in multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) has led to systemic change in districts throughout the country to include all students, including learners who have been historically marginalized. He’ll share these success stories and more.
- Jenna Rufo, a former assistant superintendent in a large Pennsylvania district turned educational consultant who has led systems change focused on inclusive education.
- Andrew Peterson, a six-time gold medalist, and five-time silver medalist in the Special Olympics and a Boston Marathon Qualifier. His story of hard work and finding community in running has been the topic of his TED Talk. He has also been featured on ESPN and in Dan and Samuel Habib’s film My Disability Roadmap.
We’ll also connect those attending to amazing organizations and individuals across Pennsylvania, who will share the history of Pennsylvania’s leadership in inclusive education as well as their visions of for more inclusive school systems throughout the Commonwealth.
Join us November 30th, 2023 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Harrisburg Hilton.
Register here: https://www.tfaforms.com/5076067
What you can expect from this forum:
- Learn about Pennsylvania’s long history of inclusion leadership and what remains to be done to increase inclusion
- Learn how inclusion can be built into schools and districts
- Learn how to find resources so all students can be supported
- Share messaging with families about inclusion