Bring Your Voice: Share Your Vision!
The PEAL Center and PA Department of Health’s Virtual Youth and Family Leadership Symposium
May 20-22, 2021
Do you have experience as a leader and want to grow your leadership voice?
Come together with other youth and family leaders for this fun-filled weekend as we:
- Build and practice leadership, advocacy and self-advocacy skills
- Connect youth and family leaders from various regions of PA and develop a plan to tackle a common problem or need in the region
- Support building networks of youth and family leaders
By registering for this virtual symposium, you understand that the sessions will be recorded. If you have any concerns regarding this, please reach out to [email protected].
Who Should Attend:
- Families/caregivers of children, teens and young adults with disabilities and special health care needs
- Teens and young adults who have disabilities (14 – 26 years old)
with some leadership experience, and the desire to become better, and more effective.
Should you have any questions please call the PEAL Center at 1-866-950-1040 or email [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you!
Thursday, May 20th, 2021
Family Member Breakout: “The Power of a Story to Lead Change”
Youth Breakout: “Lead with Your Truth: Owning Your Challenges”
“From Disability to Drive: Why YOU are destined to lead others!”—Erin Black
“Expanding the Vision of Family Leadership” panel
Friday, May 21st, 2021
Family Member Breakout: “Caring for the Caregiver”
Youth Breakout: “Building Networks with Purpose”
“Finding the Rhythm Within” —Jonah Berger
“Being the Only ‘Dad’ in the Room” panel
Saturday, May 22nd, 2021
10:00 am-12:00 pm
Staying Connected through Your Leadership Journey
Networking in Your Neighborhood