PEAL’s Response to COVID-19
PEAL is making temporary changes (through at least April 30th) in order to follow guidance on slowing the spread of COVID 19. We encourage others to do the same when possible. Our plan prioritizes the safety of ourselves, our families and our communities while continuing to provide information, training and guidance to the families and youth we serve.
Specific changes that are being implemented as of March 13, 2020 are as follows:
- Training: All trainings that PEAL staff are scheduled to deliver between 3/13/2020 and 4/30/2020 will either be delivered virtually or postponed to a later date.
- Exhibits and Outreach Events: PEAL staff will not be attending; however, we will be happy to provide a package of PEAL resource materials that can be distributed.
- Meetings, Conferences, etc: PEAL staff will participate virtually, if that option is available
- PEAL Offices: PEAL offices in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia will be closed, with all staff working remotely – hours of operation will continue to be 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Individual Assistance: PEAL Staff will be available to provide assistance to families and youth via email and phone.
NOTE: If you are expecting a call from a PEAL staff member, it may come from a cellphone with a blocked number. Your phone will show “No Caller ID” — we will make three attempts to try to reach callers. The best way to contact us during this period of time is to send an email to the individual staff member or email@example.com.
PEAL will continue to share information and resources on Social Media and our website, and disseminate eblasts. In addition, we will be identifying additional topics to offer via webinar during this timeframe.