Employment at the PEAL Center
Part Time Training Coordinator
Posted January 11th, 2021
The PEAL Center is seeking a Part Time Training Coordinator. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and support training logistics as well as to coordinate the organization of events and conferences across Pennsylvania, both in person and virtually.
The mission of the PEAL Center is to educate and empower families to ensure that children, youth and young adults with disabilities and special health care needs lead rich, active lives as full members of their schools and communities. PEAL works with families, youth and young adults with disabilities and special health care needs to help them understand their rights and advocate for themselves. We empower families and individuals to be included in their home schools and access high quality, coordinated physical and behavioral health care. PEAL’s services are provided at no charge to families and youth as they are funded by government and private grants and donations. PEAL works out of two main offices, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, with remote locations across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate logistics for training and outreach activities
- Create registrations using Eventbrite and Zoom; create applications using Survey Monkey or relevant platforms.
- Create accessible materials and flyers for training and other activities, manage coordination with graphic designer when needed.
- Monitor registrations, respond to questions or forward to the appropriate person
- Arrange for and support ADA Accommodations and translation/interpretation.
- Arrange for and negotiate hotel accommodations and catering for trainings
- Communicate key information to PEAL trainers and partners
- Create accessible PowerPoint presentations on PEAL template, or relevant software
- Maintain electronic organization of materials associated with each PEAL training topic
- Create a schedule for printing and organizing training materials
- Organize and transport training materials
- Organize and enter data
- Communicate with partner organizations
- Monitor inventory of publications needed for exhibits and trainings
- Coordinate PEAL events and conferences that PEAL sponsors or co-sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-motivated with skills to organize complex projects that require collaboration with others
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365, file sharing tools, and databases. Strong skills in PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, Microsoft word and Excel
- Some experience in designing and organizing training materials
- Knowledge of strategies to engage adults and youth in learning activities
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Must have access to transportation to work activities that are out of the office, in various locations.
- Available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel in automobiles to various locations (up to 6 hours away) and stay overnight occasionally
- Must have Act 33 and 34 and FBI clearances, or be willing to obtain them within a month of employment.
Preference will be given to:
Individuals who are self-advocates, have lived experience as the parent/family caregiver or family member of a person with a disability, and/or are bi-lingual.
PEAL is committed to a policy of fair representation for our staff, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, disability, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, or age. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please email letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with “Training Coordinator” in subject line, by Tuesday February 1st, 2022.