PEAL offers individual assistance to Families, Professionals, and Youth/ Young Adults with Disabilities
How to contact one of PEAL’s Family Resource Specialists:
- By Phone: 412-281-4404, 215-567-6143, or toll-free at 866-950-1040 (Please include your county, email address and any needed accommodation to connect with us in your message)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By using the form at the bottom of this page
Your first call to the PEAL Center:
- A Family Resource Specialist or Intake Coordinator return your call within 48 to 72 hours. (We currently have a high number of calls so our return call time might be slightly extended.)
- They will ask you some questions, including demographic information- we are a federally-funded Parent Training and Information Center (PTI), so we have to report total numbers of who we help, and all individual information is confidential.
During your conversation with a Family Resource Specialist, we’ll talk with you about your child’s situation and answer questions or work towards coming up with a plan that can use to help you resolve an issue. Our job is to empower you to be the best advocate you can be for your child with a disability. Our primary way of supporting you is to provide quality, relevant and useful information. We will help you learn your rights and the rights of your child. We can help identify which parts of Federal and State laws might support you as you make informed decisions for your child with a disability in school and in the community.
PEAL’s Family to Family Healthcare Coordinator can help families of children and youth with special healthcare needs navigate medical and insurance systems.
All information and resources from PEAL are no cost to families (this includes any translation or interpretation needed).
All discussions are confidential.
Get In Touch